News:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sit amet lobortis ex. Nullam imperdiet augue mattis laoreet sagittis. Nulla luctus lorem ac turpis pretium,
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sit amet lobortis ex. Nullam imperdiet augue mattis laoreet sagittis. Nulla luctus lorem ac turpis pretium,
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sit amet lobortis ex. Nullam imperdiet augue mattis laoreet sagittis. Nulla luctus lorem ac turpis pretium,
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sit amet lobortis ex. Nullam imperdiet augue mattis laoreet sagittis. Nulla luctus lorem ac turpis pretium,
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In sit amet lobortis ex. Nullam imperdiet augue mattis laoreet sagittis. Nulla luctus lorem ac turpis pretium,

Agricultural Industry

G Webb Automation Ltd enables UK contract packer to increase productivity by 100% and improve final product weight accuracy.

The Problem

A leading fertilizer packaging company based in the UK distributes products around the World to meet an increasing universal demand. The company needed to streamline its filling operation which involved a number of operators manually weighing and pouring fertilizer into a 2 kg container.

Plant Manager, David Davies “Capacity was stretched to breaking point we had to look at moving our production process into the 21st century”.

The G Webb Solution

A detailed testing process conducted at G Webb Automation at their in-house testing facility identified that the accuracy of the EasiFill-III series combined with an inline conveying system with an integrated ‘lift and weigh’ system would achieve an accurate dose, as well as check-weigh the required 2 kg of fertilizer. The fertilizer is being filled into the containers with a tolerance of + / – 1g, which meets the customers accuracy requirement.

The filler dosed and check weighed every container, making self diagnosed alterations ensuring accurate filling is maintained.

The required amount was fed in using a two speed bulk / dribble dose format, the bulk dose contained 85% of the overall product, filling quickly to increase productivity, with the remaining 15% then slowly discharged to guarantee final accuracy.

The ‘lift and weigh’ section then confirming the weight & producing statistics.

The Result

The benefits were immediate, with the filler recording dosing speeds of 20 per minute a single operator on the line was able to fill and seal the containers at the same speed as what several operators had previously achieved manually.

“Productivity increased, lead time were met and reduced whilst the accuracy achieved raised the benchmark within the industry,” claims David Davies

David believed the solution had more than justified itself; he estimated conservatively that the equipment paid for itself within 6 months.

SIGNUP TO OUR NEWSLETTER

SELECT YOUR INDUSTRY TO FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU: